Additional Yard Management Functions
- Screening of available empty cars for loading product compatible with prior contents
- Combined move and confirm activities for locations requiring one-step movements
- Car filing activity with weight integration in BOL for full or partial loads and integration with pre-load storage management
- Integrated movement lists and walking list
- Rail yard inventory reports by track, spot and or by railcar numbers.
- Multi-tank car billing and loading support.
- Integrated Import / Export capabilities for data interchange with user systems.
- Multi-plant control capabilities for both car movement and billing.
- Multiple serving carrier defaults for plants served by multiple carriers.
- Loading rack scheduling activities, site-specific rack schedules and rack loading sheets available.
- Through commenting flexibility with three comment options.
- Car Level - The information stays with the car indefinitely.
- Trip Level - Comment stays with the car for that trip through the plant.
- Move Level - Comment stays with the car for theat particular move inside the plant.
- All comments are retained in history.
This piece of functionality would provide the customer with a standardized billing option outside of your ERP system. Several of our customers have instances where for a series of reasons they cannot bill a car using their ERP system. In these circumstances many have chosen to standardize around QTS' system. QTS' integrated billing module would provide several advantages:
- Uniform corporate processes.
- Accurate record retention.
- Corporate wiede viewing flexibility.
- Easy access to historical billing records.
Some of the features of our billing module are:
- Preparation and transmittal of Electronic (EDI) Bill of Lading.
- Fully Hazmat compliant.
- Preparation of individual or multi-car EDI BOLs.
- User-defined car string feature with either individual or multi-car BOL output to carriers.
- Printed BOL form available in standard or customer-specific formats.
- Printing and faxing of hardcopy BOL integrated with EDI transmittals.
- Retention of critical BOL information including carrier confirmation and acknowledgement dates.
- Integrated faxing of BOLs to carriers, consignees and other internal and external parties.
- Preparation and transmittal of weight adjustments (EDI 440).
- Export of order information / BOL information and activity to the ERP systems.
Truck Scheduling and Management Features
This module supports trucking activities in and around a plant. It is designed to ensure consistent efficient management of trucks coming into and out of your facility. The features and functionality this module provides are as follows:
- Visibility of carrier and pickup date/time for trucks.
- Ability to schedule carrier and pickup date/time for trucks.
- Ability to assign spot (rack or dock) locations for each truck.
It also provides truck-gate personnel with the ability to:
- Access truck-scheduling information.
- Enter truck identification weight into @PlantManager DB.
- Print required documentation for the trucker.
The application has 4 main functions:
- Accessing scheduled orders, orders to be scheduled, and orders being fulfilled.
- Scheduling trucks.
- Processing truck arrival, capturing truck information and printing incoming documents packet.
- Processing truck departure, capturing weight and printing outgoing documents packet.
- This module consolidates all information relating to yard moves and switches then places it in a reporting format which permits the user to review all car movement activities.
- As a result the user can easily manage demurrage costs.
- This module provides a flexible user friendly interface which permits the user to review data at a summary level or drill down to detailed and specific car movement activities over any period of time.
- This module also has QTS' one click Excel download functionality. With one click the user downloads the movement information onto the clipboard from where they can easily paste it into a spreadsheet for further analysis.